South West Deanery Foundation Training Course for Dental Therapists
Following on from running a pilot DTH Foundation scheme we will be running a Dental Foundation Therapist Scheme from September 2020. The scheme will run until 31st August 2021 and is open to newly qualified DTH. You will be required to complete the following to satisfactory complete the programme:
- Evidence of paediatric extractions
- Evidence of completing a pulpotomy.
- Placement of Hall crowns
- 22 Tutorials approximately, one every 2 weeks.
- 2 DOPS that form part of the Early Stage Review
- 12 ADEPTS including 1 TPD Buddy ADEPT
- 6 Case Based Discussions
- 12 Reflective logs
- Case presentation
- Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire x1
- Multisource Feedback x1
- 2 Cycle Clinical Audit x1
- Participation in at least 12 study days
- Participation in the Community Engagement Projects
- Timely completion of tasks in the e portfolio.
- IRCP and FRCP
The current payments for involvement in the scheme are:
Trainer Grant £5,000
Support for training cost (Surgery/ Nurse) £4,700
Day release salary contribution to employer ( AfC 6) £4,800
Travel expenses ( study days) £600 to be claimed up to by your therapist
The therapists' salary is paid by the practice. Extra UDAs are available for the work the therapist undertakes if needed.