Training Programme Director: Helen Spencer
HEE South West have the following Oral Surgery Specialty training posts in National Recruitment Spring 2022.
For Job descriptions details please follow the links below for the different posts.
The trainee should develop:
- a professional & consultant approach
- an interest in continuing education
- an interest in teaching and teaching skills,
- a continued interest in research methods and techniques,
- a responsible attitude and commitment to the training of hospital staff
- experience and knowledge of NHS management
- and an interest in professional activity
- Act with probity
- All patient data MUST be stored in line with trust and national data storage protocols.
- Do not keep data on personal mobile devices.
- In full-time training posts, the trainee should spend at least 6 sessions per week involved in patient contact relevant to the oral surgery curriculum with at least three of those sessions devoted to supervised operating
- Your programme will comprise supervised personal treatment sessions, diagnostic sessions, review clinics, formal and informal teaching, research and reading time
- 60% direct clinical care
- 20% Other training activities including indirect clinical care
- 20% study/audit/research
Evidencing your progress
- ISCP will host your online portfolio
- It is a trainee’s responsibility to maintain a current, accurate and comprehensive portfolio.
- Workplace based assessments are initiated by the trainee