Skype Training via Skype
Category: HEE Training - South Staff Only
Date: August 20th 2018 10:00am until 11:30am
Location: via Skype
Would you like Skype for Business training?
The course will cover the following areas:
- Viewing and Setting Presence Information
- Creating and Organising Contacts (including HEE Skype for Business and Skype contacts)
- Understanding the Interactive Contact Cards
- Using Instant Messages (Chat) in Skype for Business
- Creating a Skype link within a calendar appointment (including checking skype link setting, setting presenter options)
- Understanding the Skype screen once you are in a call
- Using Skype for Business for Online Meetings: Presentations, Screen Sharing (desktop or programs), attachments, presenter options within a call
- Recording meetings
I have allowed 1 ½ hours for this training but may finish earlier.
The training will be via Skype… I know, the irony! Once booked on you will receive an invite via email with the Skype link included.
You will need a laptop or computer with a Skype headset, ideally plus a webcam (inbuilt or plugin) but not compulsory. As long as you we can speak to each other that's fine. If you need a headset or webcam, please ask your manager to request it from IT.firstname.lastname@example.org and allow time for these to get to your offices. (Or borrow one on the day!). I would recommend using the skype headset as other headsets tend to pick up chatter/noise from around the room.
You will need to be able to login to Skype for Business, so please ensure you are able to do this before the training session date. The skype link on the email you receive [a few days] after booking is ‘live’ so you could use that to test that you can login ok beforehand. Any problems please contact me via email@example.com
The HEE guide relating to Skype and how to login (pg 4) can be found in Sharepoint, Office 035 Central, Useful Documents, Skype for Business then Getting the most from Skype for Business.
Please register your details below. You will receive an automated email asking you to confirm your email address. Spaces are on a first come/first served basis and I will send you a Skype meeting invite to confirm you are booked on this session.
If the session is full I will contact you to let you know/organise a different date.