South West Deanery Foundation Training Course for Dental Therapists
We are running a Dental Foundation Therapist Pilot Scheme. The scheme will commence from 2nd September 2019 and will run until 31st August 2020 and is open to newly qualified DTH. You will be required to complete the following to satisfactory complete the programme:
- Attend 12 study days
- Completion of a paper portfolio
- Fortnightly tutorials with reflections
- 2 DOPS
- ESR report from DTH, ES and TPD at 2 months
- Month 2 record card review
- Month 3 Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire
- Month 4 Multi Source Feedback survey
- 6 ADEPTS
- 4 Case Discussions
- 6 Learning needs (minimum) to be identified and addressed
- 6 reflective logs (minimum)
- Itemised fortnightly clinical logs demonstrating volume full range of scope of practice. This must include certain * procedures.
- A ‘buddy’ ADEPT with the TPD (Malcolm Prideaux)
- Month 5 Clinical audit and case presentation to TPD and practice team.
- Final review with reports from DTH, ES and TPD at month 12.
Below is a list of approved practices who will be involved in the scheme. Recruitment to the posts is being administered through the appointed practices. For more information and to apply please contact the practice which is of interest to you.
Location of Practice
Practice contact number
Name of Educational Supervisor
|Mount Wise Dental||Devonport, Plymouth, PL1 4DX||
|Fauchard House||Plymouth, Devon PL4 8HB||
|Gentle Dental||Newquay, Cornwall TR7 3DH||
|Orchard Dental||Plymouth, Devon, PL2 3BY||
|Church Street Dental||Wincanton, Somerset, BA9 9AA||