South West Deanery Foundation Training Course for Dental Therapists
Following on from running a pilot DTH Foundation scheme we will be running a Dental Foundation Therapist Scheme from September 2020. The scheme will run until 31st August 2021 and is open to newly qualified DTH. You will be required to complete the following to satisfactory complete the programme:
- Attend 12 study days
- Completion of a paper portfolio
- Fortnightly tutorials with reflections
- 2 DOPS
- ESR report from DTH, ES and TPD at 2 months
- Month 2 record card review
- Month 3 Patient Satisfaction Questionnaire
- Month 4 Multi Source Feedback survey
- 6 ADEPTS
- 4 Case Discussions
- 6 Learning needs (minimum) to be identified and addressed
- 6 reflective logs (minimum)
- Itemised fortnightly clinical logs demonstrating volume full range of scope of practice. This must include certain * procedures.
- A ‘buddy’ ADEPT with the TPD (Malcolm Prideaux)
- Month 5 Clinical audit and case presentation to TPD and practice team.
- Final review with reports from DTH, ES and TPD at month 12.
The current payments for involvement in the scheme are:
Trainer Grant £5,000
Support for training cost (Surgery/ Nurse) £4,700
Day release salary contribution to employer ( AfC 6) £4,800
Travel expenses ( study days) £600 to be claimed up to by your therapist
The therapists' salary is paid by the practice. Extra UDAs are available for the work the therapist undertakes if needed.