Current leadership development opportunities available in PGME in the South West
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, formal leadership offerings are changing all the time. Many are still being delivered online, and some have 'paused' for the time being. Please check with the Faculty Development team, or with your Clinical Leadership Mentor for the latest opportunities.
NHS Leadership Academy
- FY2: Introduction to Leadership - 1-day course
- CT2: Essential Leadership Skills - The Next Steps 1-day course
- ST: Professional and Generic Skills Module 6
- ST3+: HELM programme - 6-day course (3 modules)
- ST3-5 Leading as a Trainee - 1-day course
- ST6+: Clinical Leadership: Essential Practice for a New World - 2-day course
- Keele Clinical and management course, HEE-SW Speciality Trainees and SAS Doctors: Keele University
(please note trainees are advised to book onto the HEE-SW Keele course. Other Keele courses which are school specific will not be funded)
- Healthcare Leadership Academy (HLA) - HEE-SW scholarships
- Healthcare Leadership Academy (HLA) ILP5 certificate - see HEE-SW bursary scheme
- Postgraduate Certificate HLM (Healthcare Leadership Management) - see HEE-SW bursary scheme
Current activities for Trainers and Faculty
- Recognising and Developing Leadership Skills in Trainees - for Educational Supervisors
- Clinical Leadership for Trainers: Supporting our Trainees in their Leadership Development - for Educational Supervisors and New Consultants
Current Activities for Senior Educational Faculty
- ASME Leadership week for DMEs, HoSs and TPDs - 'Developing Leaders in Healthcare Education'
Other programmes are available on an individual basis, including a variety of levels of development through the NHS Leadership Academy. For further details or dates on any of the above courses and how to apply, please contact the Faculty Development team.