Welcome to the South West
'I feel comfortable in the South West, it feels like a safe area with good schools and a better standard of living. Whilst it isn’t the most central, it’s easy to get to London via train and coach links” Malik, PLVE Dentist
I’ve found this to be a positive experience, it encourages self-reflection and is good to think about what you’re doing and why” Duncan, PLVE Educational Supervisor
Thank you for considering the South West as a place to complete Performers List Validation by Experience (PLVE). We would be very pleased to have you in our region, and hope that you will choose to stay once you have completed PLVE.
As a welcome from us, for practices wishing to take on a PLVE dentist between September 2022 and the end of August 2023:
• HEE SW will cover the cost of the initial practice inspection and ES interview where required (saving practices up to £810 in upfront costs). Practices who have received an initial inspection since April 2022, will be able to reclaim these costs.
• HEE SW provide regular training for people wishing to become Educational Supervisors for PLVE dentists. The cost of this training will be reimbursed once their PLVE dentist has taken up their position in practice in our region (saving the practice a further £85).
For dentists wishing to come to the South West to start PLVE between September 2022 and the end of August 2023:
• HEE SW will subsidise the application fee by £200 (toward a total cost of £400)
• PLVE dentists working in the South West will receive a credit of £300 toward HEE courses held in the region, including hands on courses, to be used between September 2022 and March 2023. A further £300 credit will be issued for use between April 2023 and end August 2023.
• For PLVE dentists staying in our region, HEE SW will cover the cost of the PLVE portfolio assessment for PLVE dentists who complete PLVE between September 2022 and the end of August 2023 (saving the PLVE dentist £800).
• HEE SW will provide a bursary of up to £1000 for dentists who have recently completed PLVE in the South West and are still providing NHS care in our region. This is in addition to the wider HEE SW bursary open to applications from all primary care NHS dentists in the South West.
• We understand that dentistry can be lonely, especially in a new place. South West PLVE dentists are invited to a welcome session, in Bristol or Plymouth, to meet their peers and are encouraged to create networks providing peer support.