Training Programme Director: Alistair Morton
The trainee should develop:
- a professional & consultant approach
- an interest in continuing education
- an interest in teaching and teaching skills,
- a continued interest in research methods and techniques,
- a responsible attitude and commitment to the training of hospital staff
- experience and knowledge of NHS management
- and an interest in professional activity
- Act with probity
- All patient data MUST be stored in line with trust and national data storage protocols.
- Do not keep data on personal mobile devices.
- In full-time training posts, the trainee should spend at least 6 sessions per week involved in patient contact relevant to the oral surgery curriculum with at least three of those sessions devoted to supervised operating
- Your programme will comprise supervised personal treatment sessions, diagnostic sessions, review clinics, formal and informal teaching, research and reading time
- 60% direct clinical care
- 20% Other training activities including indirect clinical care
- 20% study/audit/research
Evidencing your progress
- ISCP will host your online portfolio
- It is a trainee’s responsibility to maintain a current, accurate and comprehensive portfolio.
- Workplace based assessments are initiated by the trainee